Friday 10 March 2017

Blog Post #3 Home Learning Challenge

Home Learning Challenge: Start a new hobby, research it and make something to give to someone as a gift (E.g pottery, origami, cards, knitting). (C7)

On Friday, I completed another Home Learning Challenge which was to start a new hobby and give it as a gift. For this challenge, I have made a few Valentines Cards for Valentines this year. It was pretty hard getting ideas of what to do but in the end I got there. I decided to combine Origami and cards together to make some neat Origami Cards.

I had found some lovely pink paper to do this with and some red paper as well. I looked on the web for some more ideas to see what Valentines I should do. I found a website that teaches simple origami that wont take that long. I thought maybe I could make origami hearts to put on the cards so I followed the instructions to make them. They were actually quite easy as it had said it was going to be easy.

It was fun making them and have decided I will be giving them to family for some love. This Challenge took me about 30-45 mins including looking for ideas and websites. What I found Challenging was getting my ink pen to work because it would look so much nicer with it instead of a normal pen.

The CARE Values that I showed were Community and Excellence.
I showed Community by cleaning up everything I had left and keeping my space neat and tidy.
I showed Excellence by giving it my best effort into the colors and all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment