For this Design Your Own Challenge, I have decided to write a procedure that I follow every time or most of the time when I start a new piece of art, so you can see the steps of what I do to create the best masterpiece that I can.
1. Firstly I go onto the internet to find some inspiration of what I want to do.
2. I then prepare all my paintbrushes and tools that I will be using.
3. I have pre set my paint from my last piece and because its oil paint, it will dry after use and to fix that you simply put a bit of food oil onto the paint and start mixing it with an oil art knife.
4. I make sure all my paints are ready to use before I start and that my paintbrushes are in good condition.
5. Then, I start making a sketch of roughly how I want it to look like, making sure its not too much in detail.
6. I always start with the sky as I work from top to bottom. I put a white base coat on first, so the main color would pop in the background.
7. Before starting at the bottom, I put on a base coat for the ground and using colors like brown or golden brown to outline the structure of trees and/or bushes.
8. One very important thing I look at is perspective. This makes that painting more alive and it gives more of the feeling of being in that picture just by looking at it.