Tuesday 21 February 2017

Merit Blog Post #3 Leadership Around The School (Getting Involved Multi Cultural Day)

Today on Tuesday 21st Feb, Oaklands School had a fun Multi Cultural Day. What it is was we had to come to school dressed in something that represents our culture. What I wore to school was Black and White to show NZ spirit and a BLACK CAPS Flag to also show my culture. I went with NZ because i thought I belonged in New Zealand more. We kicked off the morning with some cool activities with the NTEC Students.

Firstly we had to present our mihi to them. They had no idea what we were talking about because it was all in Maori. I also repeated my mihi in the english version so they know what we were saying. They showed us some incredible performances from all their different cultures like India and The Philippines. I enjoyed all of them because I liked seeing different things from different countries.

They also taught us some very cool games that were about agility and teamwork. After Lunch, we had a Multi Cultural Assembly that had a whole heap of performances from lots of different countries. My favorite performance was probably the Samoan Dance.

The CARE Values that I showed during this time was Excellence and Respect.
I showed Excellence by participating in their games positively and having fun.
I showed Respect by respecting everyone's culture and not making fun of it just because it is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment