In ARTS this term we have been learning to:
Select and use techniques and relevant technologies to develop drama practice.
Here is a link to our online modelling book.
- During this unit of learning we:
- Described the characteristics of silent performances.
- Identified different techniques used in silent performances.
- Used these techniques in a variety of different practice situations.
- Worked in a small group to put together our own silent performance.
The most challenging part of this unit of learning was to decide as a group to what performance we were gonna present for The Chase because it was hard to gather ideas and make it into action because we needed more space than the space provided for us in the hall.
The two things that I enjoyed the most were:
- Working together in my group.
- Learning new techniques to create the best performance e.g. Mime
The story that my group told silently was about how we all started in a race championships, then the thief ( which was me ) steals the starting flag and then a whole chase starts happening and then at the end, they got back the flag and invited the thief ( who became nice and learnt their lesson not to steal ) into the race to compete.
Overall I think my group worked OK because we got stuck at a lot of points trying to figure out how things are going to work and we had to change a lot of things round.